Next <
Subject: Re: Pentax spits in the FACE of the entrenched Japaneseplanned-obsolescence
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Pentax spits in the FACE of the entrenched Japanese
planned-obsolescence
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 09:03:45 -0500

https://www.dpreview.com/news/2162791126/ricoh-will-let-pentax-k-1-o...

>> I just looked into it. It's priced about the same as the K1, but it
>> also has the same shitty AF, especially for moving subjects. That, and
>> the uncertainty about the company's future make it a shaky investment.
>> I won't be getting one, and those upgrades mean nothing if Pentax goes
>> away. And if you buy a  K1 now, that with the upgrade to the K1 II
>> will cost more than the list for the Mark II.
>>
>> I am surprised, though, that the list on the original K1 hasn't
>> collapsed as you'd expect for a Pentax.
>
> I thought Pentax photo division actually made money?  Could be wrong.  But I love how some
shooters are SO concerned with cutting-edge focus when their efforts hardly ever merit it and better
technique in most cases could help overcome the deficit.

Some photographers take good pictures, and other photographers get taken
good by camera manufacturers.

--
PeterN