From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}>
Subject: Re: How political-correctness ruined the Pirelli calendar
Full headers:
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 15:54:22 -0600
PeterN <"peter,newdelete"> wrote:
> On 2/22/2018 9:53 AM, android wrote:
>>> I specifically was talking about charitable fund raisers.
>> I prefer autographs on personal checks. Don't really care much about who
>> signs on as long as the bank honor them... :-ppp
> Those were the only autographs I ever requested, or received. I gave
> them to my bank, to be returned them to their originators.

The only collectable autographs I have, my father got in 1944 one a US one
dollar Silver Certificate bank note. The most prominent of these was
Charles A. Lindbergh who toured the South-West Pacific during WWII, and
flew missions with a number of P-38 fighter squadrons. He taught these
fighter pilots how to extend the range of the P-38 which resulted in some
of the longest escort flights in the Pacific Theater. Lindbergh flew as my
father’s wingman on two such missions.

The other rare autograph on that bank note is that of Tommy McGuire the
second top scoring USAAF ace of the war. He was killed in the Philippines
in 1945. He now has McGuire Air Force Base named for him.