From: Ken Hart <kwhart1@frontier.com>
Subject: Re: Switched from Windows to Linux on old netbook. What a difference
From: Ken Hart <kwhart1@frontier.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 17:32:47 -0500
On 02/22/2018 03:47 PM, nospam wrote:

>>> Why bother about 10-15 years old computers when you can buy a new one
>>> for 200 Euro?
>>>
>>> If that is still too expensive, you could buy a Raspberry Pi and put
>>> Linux on it.
>>
>> I haven't done the Euro to Dollar conversion, but I haven't paid three
>> digits for any of my old computers.
>
> then whatever you have is junk.

That's quite presumptuous, since you have no idea what brands/models
computers I have. What if some of my hardware is Apple? Ergo, based on
your statement, Apple is junk.

> quality costs money.

That is a generalization that is not universally true. For example,
there are companies that scrap their hardware the minute it is fully
depreciated (5 years). I have been "playing" with some pretty serious
Cisco networking gear that I acquired just by showing up at the loading
dock at the right time.

>> Just because a widget is old is no reason to scrap it, especially if it
>> still works well enough to use.
>
> then you must not be doing much.

On that statement, I have to agree. I'm responding to your comments, so
I'm not doing much.

By the way, are you familiar with the Shift key? Or are you a big fan of
poet e. e. cummings?

--
Ken Hart
kwhart1@frontier.com