From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Switched from Windows to Linux on old netbook. What a difference
Full headers:
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 19:08:11 -0500
In article <p6ngee$11gu$>, Ken Hart<> wrote:

> >> I haven't done the Euro to Dollar conversion, but I haven't paid three
> >> digits for any of my old computers.
> >
> > then whatever you have is junk.
> That's quite presumptuous, since you have no idea what brands/models
> computers I have.

it doesn't mater what brands/models they are.

anything that is 'bogged down terribly with winxp' is junk. your words.
winxp is hardly resource intensive.

the reality is that they're long obsolete and cannot run modern

> What if some of my hardware is Apple? Ergo, based on
> your statement, Apple is junk.

a 15 year old mac is also junk, except that it won't be 'bogged down
terribly' running mac os x from its era.

> > quality costs money.
> That is a generalization that is not universally true. For example,
> there are companies that scrap their hardware the minute it is fully
> depreciated (5 years). I have been "playing" with some pretty serious
> Cisco networking gear that I acquired just by showing up at the loading
> dock at the right time.

5 year old networking equipment isn't the issue.

> >> Just because a widget is old is no reason to scrap it, especially if it
> >> still works well enough to use.
> >
> > then you must not be doing much.
> On that statement, I have to agree. I'm responding to your comments, so
> I'm not doing much.
> By the way, are you familiar with the Shift key? Or are you a big fan of
> poet e. e. cummings?

ad hominem.