From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 10:45:33 +1300

https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight...

>>> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Eric Stevens
>>
>> The weight is good, but with the planet awash in used 4x5 gear, buying a new one really isn't
needed, unless you just happen to need that particular one.  What I never figured out is why didn't
they ever invent a spring-back loaded multiple-shot 4x5 with a drop-box for finished shots just
below the back?  Would save a lot of tedium.  But maybe someone did develop something like that way
back when and I just didn't see it?

>It's been many, many years ago, but I recall using a six exposure 4x5
>holder. You loaded six sheets of 4x5 film into six thin metal holders,
>then loaded them into the pack. After shooting one exposure, you did a
>push-pull routine that pushed the exposure holder onto the back of the
>stack, and put a fresh holder in front.

I had one of those on my last Graflex. I eventually gave it up when I
became unable to stop light leaks in the leather bag on the side.

Now I'm interested (seriously?) in digital backs.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens