From: ultred ragnusen <ultred@ragnusen.com>
Subject: Re: A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows without installing anything on either
From: ultred ragnusen <ultred@ragnusen.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 22:30:05 -0800
References: <1pat6bvdosd5h$.1v0zueckye1z0$.dlg@40tude.net> <N8CjC.87760$CZ2.56323@fx39.iad> <k1708hh1x1bm.4u71bsj0gbj3$.dlg@40tude.net> <p6n7mu$cuh$1@dont-email.me> <19gis5r2t3woe$.15ka8hlpcnip0$.dlg@40tude.net> <9K3kC.89577$CZ2.67163@fx39.iad> <1dxxhzinci9qd.hpx5dw75usol$.dlg@40tude.net> <p6r6ge$5f4$1@dont-email.me> <acakC.112774$mJ1.26756@fx13.fr7> <p6s785$nht$1@dont-email.me> <v9lfsboe3dmc.1o44r2zk1zgx8$.dlg@40tude.net> <p6t8p7$ckt$1@dont-email.me> <240220182343565132%nospam@nospam.invalid> <1xbui2c4r8cc2.hlcsh95dc0q$.dlg@40tude.net> <260220182258584968%nospam@nospam.invalid>
nospam<nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>> The whole saga is over and done with since Microsoft can't recover the
>> operating system they, themselves, bricked, and where two different
>> Microsoft Retail store employees told me this is very common, where they
>> get a system bricked by the Windows 10 update at least once a day.
>
> big deal. there more than half a billion win10 users. once a day per
> store is nothing.

You talk like the developers I used to work with long ago, where they
figured bugs were just something that you have to learn to live with.

It's a big deal when a mandatory Microsoft Windows 10 Pro update bricks the
system. It's due to poor coding. Very poor coding. Lousy testing too.

>> Interestingly, the Microsoft retail store in the middle of Silicon Valley
>> is directly across the aisle from the Apple Store:
>
> the microsoft stores are almost always near apple stores, except
> they're a *lot* less crowded, often with the only people in them being
> staff.

Interestingly, when I dropped off my computer at the Microsoft Store
earlier this week for them to fail at unbricking the operating system, I
snapped a few pictures within seconds of each other of the two stores,
which are directly across the hall from each other in Santa Clara
California.

Microsoft:
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/02/27/ms_retail_store_10.jpg
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/02/27/ms_retail_store_8.jpg
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/02/27/ms_retail_store_6.jpg

Apple:
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/02/27/apple_retail_store_1.jpg
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/02/27/apple_retail_store_2.jpg
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/02/27/apple_retail_store_3.jpg

>> The Microsoft store is almost a direct copy of the Apple model,
>
> yep. everyone copies apple.

The Santa Clara California Microsoft Store was a lot bigger than the Apple
store though, and there was a LOT of gaming going on, with kids everywhere
playing the Xbox for free and a special glass room just for seminars.
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/02/27/ms_retail_store_5.jpg

But it did seem like a bigger copy of Apple, so I agree that they
capitalized on what Apple came up with (even though they told me they've
been there for many years).

>> as far as I
>> can tell, only about twice the size.
>
> that depends on the store. some apple stores are *huge* and the older
> smaller ones are being expanded or relocated.

This is the one in Santa Clara California, where the Microsoft Store is
clearly huge compared to the Apple Store.

>> PS: The Microsoft Store feeds you though, while the Apple store does not.
>
> i've never seen food offered in any microsoft store.

They offered me a the coke you see in this picture...
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/02/27/ms_retail_store_2.jpg