From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Subject: Re: Amazon is selling the 8-core iMac Pro for $500 off
Full headers:
From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 13:31:37 +1300
On 2018-02-27 21:24:06 +0000, David_B said:

> FYI ...
>
> Amazon is selling the 8-core iMac Pro for $500 off
>
> The 27-inch iMac Pro is currently Apple's best desktop Mac, and this
> deal saves you some cash on all that power.

https://www.macworld.com/article/3258845/macs/amazon-is-selling-the-...

The problem with these deals (there was another one elsewhere with upto
$1000 off iMac Pro) is that they usually only apply to off-the-shelf
models. You can't get a custom-build Mac at a cheaper pricing, which
given the impossibility of later upgrading almost all the current Mac
models, means it's a pain in the backside and somewhat pointless.   :-(

It's the same problem with the "10% off Mac" sales we sometimes get at
various resellers here in New Zealand.