From: Wolf K <wolfmac@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windowswithout installing anything on either
Full headers:
Subject: Re: A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows
without installing anything on either
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
<p6s785$nht$1@dont-email.me> <v9lfsboe3dmc.1o44r2zk1zgx8$.dlg@40tude.net>
<p6t8p7$ckt$1@dont-email.me> <240220182343565132%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<1xbui2c4r8cc2.hlcsh95dc0q$.dlg@40tude.net>
<260220182258584968%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<b3r1pb4p9fea$.mvm960z2aw29$.dlg@40tude.net>
<270220180216183298%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p733kt$chf$1@dont-email.me>
<njcyav32w6se.1k3j2klzdxl0h.dlg@40tude.net>
<rgpb9dthsg2vn74f45qdnrcdd9ml8ne1d2@4ax.com>
<1kf73uoz9uvrn.n6xq3ndpukh0.dlg@40tude.net>
From: Wolf K <wolfmac@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 19:38:34 -0500
On 2018-02-27 19:27, ultred ragnusen wrote:
> Ken Blake<Ken@invalid.news.com> wrote:
>
>> "Why RAID is (usually) a Terrible Idea"
>> http://www.pugetsystems.com/articles?&id=29
>
> Yikes. I only googled and saw that there were a bunch of decisions to be
> made.
>
> May I presume to ask if "any" RAID method is useful in the home
> environment, where all you really care about is safety of your data?
>
> In my case, I don't even need one Terabyte disk, but now I have two.
>
> My other option is to make one disk a Linux disk and the other a Windows
> disk, where I can skip the whole GRUB mess since the HP Pavilion will boot
> off of any disk you tell it to at startup.

Set up a back=up image schedule. I use Macrium, there are other
utilities with which to do this. Back up the HDD in the computer to the
external drive. You can set up a schedule, or invoke the backup manually.

If you want to use Linux, a 1TB derive is more than large enough for
dual booting. That's another story, though.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com