From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: A Few Shots From South Africa
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 01:38:14 -0600
android<here@there.was> wrote:
> On 2018-02-28 07:05:05 +0000, Savageduck said:
>
>> android<here@there.was> wrote:

>>> You haven't got that vacation thing down right!
>>>
>>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwiIYoJx5Es>
>>
>> Not exactly. ;-)
>>
>> With 10 hours difference between California, and Cape Town, I find myself
>> awake at odd times. So what is a guy with a camera, and WiFi connection to
>> do?
>
> Cruse? Geting that Southern Cross on file? I've got to understand that
> the opportunities for astro are amazing in southern Africa. :-))

The place to go to get the best, clear night Southern sky shots would be
about 150 miles ( 242km) North of Cape Town at Sutherland. That is also
where SALT, the South African Large Telescope (the largest in the Southern
hemisphere), and the South African Astronomical Observatory are located.

<https://goo.gl/images/DrHiwx>

--
Regards,
 Savageduck