From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: A Few Shots From South Africa
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 09:38:22 -0600
-hh<recscuba_google@huntzinger.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 2:38:24 AM UTC-5, Savageduck wrote:
>> android<here@there.was> wrote:

>>> Cruse? Geting that Southern Cross on file? I've got to understand that
>>> the opportunities for astro are amazing in southern Africa. :-))
>>
>> The place to go to get the best, clear night Southern sky shots would be
>> about 150 miles ( 242km) North of Cape Town at Sutherland. That is also
>> where SALT, the South African Large Telescope (the largest in the Southern
>> hemisphere), and the South African Astronomical Observatory are located.
>>
>> <https://goo.gl/images/DrHiwx>
>

> There's also a lot of darkness up in nearby Namibia too...

Yup! Namibia would be a good option for astrophotography, and other
photo-ops such as wildlife, landscapes, and some interesting old mining
ghost towns in the diamond fields of the Skeleton Coast.

The last time I visited Namibia was in 1983, and there have been
considerable changes since then, but it doesn’t take much to find yourself
in the wilderness.

--
Regards,
 Savageduck