From: Paul Carmichael <>
Subject: Re: Scanning negatives
Full headers:
From: Paul Carmichael <>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 20:46:29 +0100
On 28/02/18 18:39, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2018.02.28 07:16, Paul Carmichael wrote:

>> Looking at scanning a few negatives.
> I'll join the chorus of if it's just a few, then get it done by some local or mail in
> service.  Be sure to get best appropriate quality which would be around 4000 points per
> inch sampling.

Nothing local (nor mail-in) and these photos are nothing special (quality wise).

I've seen some examples of stuff done with 2 bits of glass, a good dslr and a flash, so
might give that a go. Got nothing to lose.

Got a photo from 30 years ago of the wife and kids in a field making daisy chains. Had it
blown up into a poster, but it's faded over the years.

Thanks for all the advice folks.

I'll come back and report in a few days.