From: John Varela <>
Subject: Re: How to edit your pictures using macos photos.
Full headers:
From: "John Varela" <>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,
Date: 28 Feb 2018 21:16:45 GMT
On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 16:45:02 UTC, David_B<> wrote:

> by Justin Pot on February 26th, 2018
> =
> Lots of Mac users use Photos for sorting and browsing photo collections.
> It syncs easily with your iPhone, recognizes faces, and even sorts your
> photos into Memories. What you might not know is that Photos is also now
> a decent tool for editing photos.
> Once upon a time Photos could only do superficial edits, but in the fall
> of 2017, Apple added enough new editing features to make it useful for
> the vast majority of users. Its simple, but powerful. And if you
> already have more powerful photo editing software that you love, Photos
> also allows you to open your pictures using that.

The current version of Photos has excellent integration with
Photoshop Elements. IPhoto never had it right, which was why I got
in the habit of doing any Photoshopping before importing to iPhoto.
And Photos too, because there are still things Photoshop can do that
Photos can't, or can't do as well.

John Varela