From: ultred ragnusen <>
Subject: Re: How to add "Start > Run > snip" to bring up the screenshot SnippingTool in Windows 7,8, and 10
Full headers:
From: ultred ragnusen <>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 21:17:49 -0800
Char Jackson<none@none.invalid> wrote:

> I'd hazard to guess that most Windows users will choose to use the
> built-in functionality, what you call the search box, since it's already
> there and it works well for this task and related tasks. AFAICT, nothing
> is gained by trying to use the Run box. It's all cons and no pros.

Your concerns are fair because you're not thinking about the problem set
the way I am thinking about it.

I'm thinking globally. You're thinking about the specific actions by
Microsoft after four very specific characters are typed in the order given,
of first "S" then "N" and then "I" and then "P", where Microsoft has seen
to it (via magic in essence) that this brings up the tool /they/ want it to
bring up.

However ... I'm thinking of the problem set more globally than are you.
What happens if you type the reverse of SNIP, which is pins.

Don't try it!
Just tell me /exactly/ what happens when you type P then I then N then S.

What's that?
You don't know?

What if you typed PINS in the "Start > Run" box?
Do you know what will happen?

I do.
In fact, I know /exactly/ what will happen, and better yet, I know exactly
what to do if I want to create a command called "pins" where I want
something to happen when I type it into the "Start > Run" box.

We are looking at the problem set from completely different philosophical
viewpoints, one of which is, essentially random, and the other is orderly.