From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: A Few Shots From South Africa
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 04:18:58 -0800 (PST)
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Thursday, 1 March 2018 11:17:52 UTC, -hh  wrote:
> On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 5:33:38 AM UTC-5, Whisky-dave wrote:

> > > And you know that how? Things change you know...
> > > --
> > > teleportation kills
> >
> > Can you tell me which apollo mission (or any other) that took car headlights to the moon. ?
>
> Actually, they did take a corner reflector up there (at least once), so headlights on Earth which
happen to shine light that way would have a direct path reflected back to Earth.

There's no headlight on earth that could do that, what they left there was for a laser to be shone
to measure the distance to the moon oer time. There;s no way a headlamp would be bright enough or be
able to produce a beam bright enough to reach the moon and reflect back, it's difficult enough with
a high power laser who beam only reflects back a very small amount of light in fact the reflected
light is too weak to see with the human eye. Out of 10^17 photons aimed at the reflector, only one
is received back on Earth every few seconds, even under good conditions.