From: ultred ragnusen <>
Subject: Re: The Feds Can Now (Probably) Unlock Every iPhone Model In Existence
Full headers:
From: ultred ragnusen <>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 09:21:42 -0800
nospam<nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>> they can fly them all they want, but all they'll get is encrypted data,
>>> which will take a few few billion years to brute force.
>> You wish.
> no wishing needed. as usual, you have *zero* understanding about
> encryption used on modern smartphones.

Tell that to Zimmermann or Rommel or Stalin or Hirohito, all of whom
believed essentially what you believe, which was fed to you by Brand X

Your entire belief system is built upon a house of cards, fed to you by
that admittedly fantastically competent Brand X marketing organization.

When you crack things, you don't often go brute force, which is one reason
why, when I worked at Fort Mead, the walls not only had no windows, but
they had full-length heavy curtains on those walls with no windows (as just
one example that they attack the weakest link).

That you think the adversary goes frontal on the strongest link is what
brand X marketing has told you to think, where all I'm saying is the
logically verifiable fact that the weakest set of links of all brands of
consumer grade smart phones is the same.