From: Eric Stevens <>
Subject: Re: The Feds Can Now (Probably) Unlock Every iPhone Model In Existence
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 22:00:51 +1300
On Fri, 02 Mar 2018 00:01:50 -0500, Davoud<> wrote:

>JF Mezei:
>> >This isn't a case of the government monitoring ME. It is a case of them
>> >collecting my communications in bulk, and when doing searches for
>> >something unreleated, my stuff might come up.
>> >If I make a joke about centrifuges in my basement to make a nuclear
>> >device, and this is collected, then someone doing a search for
>> >terrorists in USA planning to detonate nuke would pull up my joke. It is
>> >then up to an analyst to determine this is of no value and dismiss it.
>This thread is utterly ludicrous. Of all those who have participated,
>only one--me--has 32 years in the business and knows how SIGINT
>targeting, collection, and analysis really work. Everyone else--that's
>everyone--is either guessing or repeating what they want to believe
>from others who also know *nothing* *whatsoever* about the subject. But
>the reality would make for a very boring thread. "Nothing to report."

I don't claim to be knowledgable but I have read enough to not be
totally ignorant. Too many peple think that they are secure as long as
they use what they regard as an impregnable code. They don't seem to
realise that there is a great deal that can be learned from simple
traffic analysis. (Traffic analysis?  What's that?).

Eric Stevens