Subject: Re: The Feds Can Now (Probably) Unlock Every iPhone Model In Existence
> Fraud is deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful
> gain, or to deprive a victim of a legal right.
The readers will note that nospam has been told many times that fraud
contains /multiple/ elements, /all/ of which must be present for it to be
(1) A material representation was made;
(2) the representation was false;
(3) the speaker knew it was false;
(4) the speaker intended the other party should act upon it;
(5) the party acted in reliance on the representation;
(6) the party thereby suffered injury.
Simply changing your IMEI isn't and never was fraud, and, even in the UK,
where it is an illegal act, it's only symbolic in that the law is almost
completely never enforced in the dozen years it has been in existence (and
it was never intended to be enforced because it was clearly stated to
simply "send a message" by the originators themselves).
Nonetheless, nospam, because of the strange way his mind works, has no
concept of privacy, where he thinks every action anyone takes is to cause
someone harm and yet - when Apple causes harm - he defends Apple's actions
with his very life.
Odd chap that nospam seems to be.