Subject: Re: The Feds Can Now (Probably) Unlock Every iPhone Model InExistence
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: The Feds Can Now (Probably) Unlock Every iPhone Model In
Existence
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 14:44:44 -0500
<ffo2veFk7uiU3@mid.individual.net> <280220181127370843%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<barmar-14256C.11355828022018@reader.eternal-september.org>
<wuqbb214bj13.12wc1uwm78r8x.dlg@40tude.net>
<280220181333394546%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<18rprvf1e3kqf.ewl8o6i04y7n$.dlg@40tude.net>
<barmar-80C0B4.11295201032018@reader.eternal-september.org>
<010320181409015883%star@sky.net>
<lydbmkqc86f3$.1p6co9jwzyn5l$.dlg@40tude.net>
<010320182105106491%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<4iy38ejpmdp6$.1onbjo4t694lx$.dlg@40tude.net>
<010320182127427585%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<0001HW.2049645602DBA353700007E892CF@news.supernews.com>
<wyleuwp5xa6o$.90v1b8hoxxtu$.dlg@40tude.net>
On 3/2/2018 6:04 PM, ultred ragnusen wrote:
> Wolffan<akwolffan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Fraud is deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful
>> gain, or to deprive a victim of a legal right.
>
> The readers will note that nospam has been told many times that fraud
> contains /multiple/ elements, /all/ of which must be present for it to be
> considered fraud.
>
> (1) A material representation was made;
> (2) the representation was false;
> (3) the speaker knew it was false;
> (4) the speaker intended the other party should act upon it;
> (5) the party acted in reliance on the representation;
> (6) the party thereby suffered injury.
> http://www.houston-opinions.com/law-fraud.html
>
> Simply changing your IMEI isn't and never was fraud, and, even in the UK,
> where it is an illegal act, it's only symbolic in that the law is almost
> completely never enforced in the dozen years it has been in existence (and
> it was never intended to be enforced because it was clearly stated to
> simply "send a message" by the originators themselves).

In the US, it may very well be fraud, however, I will not go into the
details, as to why, because that is off topic.
As I said earlier, get back to photography. I suspect that the The vast
majority here do not want to listen to you commenting on what kind of a
person nospam, or anyone else is. That applies to nospam's responses
claiming what kind of a person you, are.

--
PeterN