Subject: Re: Graphics tablets
From: Neil <neil@myplaceofwork.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 08:06:35 -0500
On 3/6/2018 6:44 AM, newshound wrote:
> Do any of you guys use them for photo editing?
>
> I could do with a basic one to use for presentations (instead of a
> whiteboard / flip chart / OHP) but might it be worth paying more and
> getting something more suitable for photo or graphics editing? (Not that
> I do very much of that).

I've used graphics tablets since the early '80s, beginning with
Summagraphics and now Wacom. They're far more accurate than a mouse for
serious editing such as selecting areas, retouching, etc. If all one is
doing is resizing, cropping, or applying general attributes to the whole
image (contrast, color adjustments, etc.), they may be of little benefit.

--
best regards,

Neil