Subject: Re: A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windowswithout installing anything on either
From: Alan Browne <alan.browne@freelunchvideotron.ca>
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general,rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows
without installing anything on either
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 12:58:24 -0500
<p6mf310qql@news7.newsguy.com> <p786pc$ste$1@dont-email.me>
<1c9w8k4zj6zx.1gx89wbj8m6wv$.dlg@40tude.net>
<010320180923501589%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<1vggtznv8eefh.wrzncjz1wss5$.dlg@40tude.net>
<010320180950186847%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<11idmlb0drad.ruxcmauj9dq1$.dlg@40tude.net> <JjYeXeLxZqmaFwhE@255soft.uk>
<x-OdnYNI24ceKwfHnZ2dnUU7-YnNnZ2d@giganews.com> <1+bBgmU9bwmaFwH5@255soft.uk>
<p7hkdl0mi2@news4.newsguy.com> <aUtqKPShebnaFwZl@255soft.uk>
<p7kqpb01j2@news2.newsguy.com>
<Xu6dnSPVYukECgPHnZ2dnUU7-KednZ2d@giganews.com> <260iK6Yy4qnaFwOJ@255soft.uk>
On 2018.03.06 10:05, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> In message<Xu6dnSPVYukECgPHnZ2dnUU7-KednZ2d@giganews.com>, Alan Browne
><bitbucket@blackhole.com> writes:

>>>  I took the comment as a pun.
>>
>> It's actually a very clever joke - the 80 p. pun only scratched the
>> surface.
>>
> I realise humour is usually spoilt by explanation, but please explain
> anyway: I couldn't see beyond the 80p.

I was going to wait another 24 hours or so...

To a biochemist it goes further if one looks into the role that ATP
plays in living cells:

It is often referred to as the "molecular unit of currency" of
intracellular energy transfer.

That is the clever bit that turns the pun into a fine joke ... ATP as
currency.  80 p. worth in this case.

ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine_triphosphate

When you posted that sig, knowing that engineers and scientists always
have their inside humour I thought it best to know more about ATP.

Wikipedia is always a good source for such.