From: J. P. Gilliver (John) <>
Subject: Re: A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows without installing anything on either
Full headers:
From: "J. P. Gilliver (John)" <>
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general,
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 18:46:14 +0000
In message <p7mks2$3k6$>, Alan Browne<> writes:
>On 2018.03.06 10:05, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
>> In message<>, Alan Browne
>><> writes:
>>> It's actually a very clever joke - the 80 p. pun only scratched the
>>> surface.
>> I realise humour is usually spoilt by explanation, but please explain
>> anyway: I couldn't see beyond the 80p.
>I was going to wait another 24 hours or so...
>To a biochemist it goes further if one looks into the role that ATP
>plays in living cells:
>It is often referred to as the "molecular unit of currency" of
>intracellular energy transfer.
>That is the clever bit that turns the pun into a fine joke ... ATP as
>currency.  80 p. worth in this case.
>When you posted that sig, knowing that engineers and scientists always
>have their inside humour I thought it best to know more about ATP.
>Wikipedia is always a good source for such.

Thanks. I knew - from my O level biology about 40 years ago! - that ATP
is basically what makes muscles work, turning it into ADP. (I may have
remembered some of this wrong.) I didn't know the "currency" nickname
for it though: that's maybe been added since then.

No, I haven't changed my mind - I'm perfectly happy with the one I have, thank