From: J. P. Gilliver (John) <G6JPG-255@255soft.uk>
Subject: Re: A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows without installing anything on either
Full headers:
From: "J. P. Gilliver (John)" <G6JPG-255@255soft.uk>
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general,rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 18:46:14 +0000
<p6mf310qql@news7.newsguy.com> <p786pc$ste$1@dont-email.me>
<1c9w8k4zj6zx.1gx89wbj8m6wv$.dlg@40tude.net>
<010320180923501589%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<1vggtznv8eefh.wrzncjz1wss5$.dlg@40tude.net>
<010320180950186847%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<11idmlb0drad.ruxcmauj9dq1$.dlg@40tude.net> <JjYeXeLxZqmaFwhE@255soft.uk>
<x-OdnYNI24ceKwfHnZ2dnUU7-YnNnZ2d@giganews.com> <1+bBgmU9bwmaFwH5@255soft.uk>
<p7hkdl0mi2@news4.newsguy.com> <aUtqKPShebnaFwZl@255soft.uk>
<p7kqpb01j2@news2.newsguy.com>
<Xu6dnSPVYukECgPHnZ2dnUU7-KednZ2d@giganews.com> <260iK6Yy4qnaFwOJ@255soft.uk>
<p7mks2$3k6$1@dont-email.me>
In message <p7mks2$3k6$1@dont-email.me>, Alan Browne<alan.browne@freelunchvideotron.ca> writes:
>On 2018.03.06 10:05, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
>> In message<Xu6dnSPVYukECgPHnZ2dnUU7-KednZ2d@giganews.com>, Alan Browne
>><bitbucket@blackhole.com> writes:

>>> It's actually a very clever joke - the 80 p. pun only scratched the
>>> surface.
>>>
>> I realise humour is usually spoilt by explanation, but please explain
>> anyway: I couldn't see beyond the 80p.
>
>I was going to wait another 24 hours or so...
>
>To a biochemist it goes further if one looks into the role that ATP
>plays in living cells:
>
>It is often referred to as the "molecular unit of currency" of
>intracellular energy transfer.
>
>That is the clever bit that turns the pun into a fine joke ... ATP as
>currency.  80 p. worth in this case.
>
>ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine_triphosphate
>
>When you posted that sig, knowing that engineers and scientists always
>have their inside humour I thought it best to know more about ATP.
>
>Wikipedia is always a good source for such.

Thanks. I knew - from my O level biology about 40 years ago! - that ATP
is basically what makes muscles work, turning it into ADP. (I may have
remembered some of this wrong.) I didn't know the "currency" nickname
for it though: that's maybe been added since then.

No, I haven't changed my mind - I'm perfectly happy with the one I have, thank
you.