Subject: Re: Utter ignorance of lenses, photography, turns narcissists intoparanoids
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Utter ignorance of lenses, photography, turns narcissists into
paranoids
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 13:55:53 -0500
On 3/8/2018 8:50 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> Whisky-dave<whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 8 March 2018 06:14:05 UTC, RichA  wrote:
>>> https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60848448
>>
>> What's with the weird spelling .... selphie ?
>>

> Upper class twit with huge shnoz, trying to differentiate between those
> “little people” and him when he is engaged in self-portraiture with his oh
> so superior camera phone.

Why should anyone care what anybody else does with their money, so long
as it's ethical and legal. While you and I might not have used dollar
bills as cigar lighters, and think that doing so is stupid, if someone
does that, it's not my concern. (Unless of course, they light up in
front of me.)

I read some of the postings on that thread, and think that some of the
posters have very narrow thinking.
e.g. If not liking the way you look prompts a visit to the dentist,
he/she may find something wrong. Even just straightening out your teeth
helps preserve them longer. IIRC there is a causal relationship between
good teeth and good health. As for prompting a trip to a dermatologist,
he/she may find some form of skin cancer, or actinic keratosis, which
often leads to skin cancer.

--
PeterN