From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Utter ignorance of lenses, photography, turns narcissists into paranoids
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 14:37:41 +1300
On Thu, 08 Mar 2018 16:37:42 -0600, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:

>>> Upper class twit with huge shnoz, trying to differentiate between those
>>> “little people” and him when he is engaged in self-portraiture with his oh
>>> so superior camera phone.
>>>

>> Why should anyone care what anybody else does with their money, so long
>> as it's ethical and legal. While you and I might not have used dollar
>> bills as cigar lighters, and think that doing so is stupid, if someone
>> does that, it's not my concern. (Unless of course, they light up in
>> front of me.)
>>
>> I read some of the postings on that thread, and think that some of the
>> posters have very narrow thinking.
>> e.g. If not liking the way you look prompts a visit to the dentist,
>> he/she may find something wrong. Even just straightening out your teeth
>> helps preserve them longer. IIRC there is a causal relationship between
>> good teeth and good health. As for prompting a trip to a dermatologist,
>> he/she may find some form of skin cancer, or actinic keratosis, which
>> often leads to skin cancer.
>>

>A good dentist is going to check for tongue & gum lesions, and tissue
>changes.
>
>I have had my share of solar keratoses removed from my arms. I also have
>the scar to confirm the removal of a squamous cell carcinoma from my face.
>Fortunately I have avoided any melanomas.

 I currently have a fleet (8?) of squamous and basal cell carcinomas
which have to be removed from my lower legs and a suspicious object on
my back which may just be an early stage melanoma. The possible
melanoma is a new experience for me but at one stage I had so many
BCC/SCC carved out of my legs I was on first name terms with the
operating theatre nurses.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens