From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Subject: OT: It's now permanent
Full headers:
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.sport.golf
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 11:01:14 -0800
Since I know how much some folks love to follow my accomplishments, I
thought I'd post this.

As some of you know, last year I was invited to join the RDC (the "Race
Drivers Committee" of the Sports Car Club of BC):

'Membership on the Race Drivers Committee is by invitation only. The
committee is comprised of some of the best racers in British Columbia.
Most committee members have won championships in their class while
others have done consistently well over the years and have proven
themselves capable of excelling in all race conditions.'

<http://www.sccbc.net/about-sccbc/race-drivers/>

Frankly, I was flattered to be asked, and after I'd spent the first
driver training course shadowing other instructors, I was expecting more
of the same at the June training course. So when Pam was handing out the
student assignments during lunch on Saturday (the morning taken up with
drills where the students have no assigned instructor yet), I wasn't
shocked that she didn't pass a slip of paper to me...

....until the very last.

But it was not until the fall meeting of the RDC that this happened:

'Interns Alan Baker and [name redacted] both participated well in the 2
schools this year and were voted into the RDC.'

So, I guess my fellow RDC members (champions and all) think pretty well
of my abilities.

;-)