> Prev
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Subject: OT: Just DJT's kind of guy...
Full headers:
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 12:03:08 -0800
'Leigh Corfman says she was 14 years old when an older man approached
her outside a courtroom in Etowah County, Ala. She was sitting on a
wooden bench with her mother, they both recall, when the man introduced
himself as Roy Moore.

It was early 1979 and Moore — now the Republican nominee in Alabama for
a U.S. Senate seat — was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney. He
struck up a conversation, Corfman and her mother say, and offered to
watch the girl while her mother went inside for a child custody hearing.

“He said, ‘Oh, you don’t want her to go in there and hear all that. I’ll
stay out here with her,’ ” says Corfman’s mother, Nancy Wells, 71. “I
thought, how nice for him to want to take care of my little girl.”

Alone with Corfman, Moore chatted with her and asked for her phone
number, she says. Days later, she says, he picked her up around the
corner from her house in Gadsden, drove her about 30 minutes to his home
in the woods, told her how pretty she was and kissed her. On a second
visit, she says, he took off her shirt and pants and removed his
clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and
guided her hand to touch him over his underwear.'

<https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/woman-says-roy-moore-i...

Just another Christian hypocrite...

And before you right wing nuts dismiss it out of hand (as we all KNOW
you desperately want to do):

Two of Corfman’s childhood friends say she told them at the time that
she was seeing an older man, and one says Corfman identified the man as
Moore. Wells says her daughter told her about the encounter more than a
decade later, as Moore was becoming more prominent as a local judge.

Aside from Corfman, three other women interviewed by The Washington Post
in recent weeks say Moore pursued them when they were between the ages
of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s, episodes they say they found
flattering at the time, but troubling as they got older. None of the
women say that Moore forced them into any sort of relationship or sexual
contact.

Wendy Miller says she was 14 and working as a Santa’s helper at the
Gadsden Mall when Moore first approached her, and 16 when he asked her
on dates, which her mother forbade. Debbie Wesson Gibson says she was 17
when Moore spoke to her high school civics class and asked her out on
the first of several dates that did not progress beyond kissing. Gloria
Thacker Deason says she was an 18-year-old cheerleader when Moore began
taking her on dates that included bottles of Mateus Rosé wine. The legal
drinking age in Alabama was 19.'

All those women are lying, are they?

That's Corfman, her two friends, her mother, three other women...

7 people... and they're ALL supposed to be lying?

'Corfman, 53, who works as a customer service representative at a payday
loan business, says she has voted for Republicans in the past three
presidential elections, including for Donald Trump in 2016. She says she
thought of confronting Moore personally for years, and almost came
forward publicly during his first campaign for state Supreme Court in
2000, but decided against it.

Corfman described her story consistently in six interviews with The
Post. The Post confirmed that her mother attended a hearing at the
courthouse in February 1979 through divorce records. Moore’s office was
down the hall from the courtroom.

Neither Corfman nor any of the other women sought out The Post. While
reporting a story in Alabama about supporters of Moore’s Senate
campaign, a Post reporter heard that Moore allegedly had sought
relationships with teenage girls. Over the ensuing three weeks, two Post
reporters contacted and interviewed the four women. All were initially
reluctant to speak publicly but chose to do so after multiple
interviews, saying they thought it was important for people to know
about their interactions with Moore. The women say they don’t know one
another.

“I have prayed over this,” Corfman says, explaining why she decided to
tell her story now. “All I know is that I can’t sit back and let this
continue, let him continue without the mask being removed.”'

But to Trump, he "sounds like a really great guy"