Subject: Re: Happy Anniversary
From: Carbon <nobrac@nospam.tampabay.rr.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 07:25:03 -0500
On 11/09/2017 11:35 PM, Dene wrote:
> On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 7:24:48 PM UTC-8, Carbon wrote:

>>> Where the definition of "favorable business climate" is a bribe in the form of a tax cut - which
>>> is why the Market retreated today because they're afraid that they're not going to get it.
>>
>> Well, one can hardly blame the market for thinking Trump is going to fail at delivering the
long-promised tax legislation just as he did with healthcare reform.

>> In totally unrelated news, I read somewhere that after the Allies cracked the Enigma code they
had good intelligence about Hitler's whereabouts and they could have had him assassinated if they
wanted, but they concluded that Germany would lose faster if they left him in charge...

> And aliens built the Wall of China.

I didn't endorse the story. I merely pointed out that it has parallels to the current political
situation.