> Prev
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Subject: OT: They all agree: obstructing justice is wrong...
Full headers:
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 15:01:57 -0800
'[the] Senator said, “The facts are disturbing and compelling on the
President's intent to obstruct justice."'

'[he also] said, “The chief law officer of the land, whose oath of
office calls on him to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution,
crossed the line and failed to defend the law, and, in fact, attacked
the law and the rights of a fellow citizen...Under our Constitution,
equal justice requires that he forfeit his office.”'

'[another] wholeheartedly agreed that obstruction of justice was a high
crime, saying that [the president] was "in violation of the federal
obstruction of justice law." He also expressed frustration with anyone
who disagreed. “I am completely and utterly perplexed by those who argue
that perjury and obstruction of justice are not high crimes and
misdemeanors,”'

<https://boingboing.net/2017/12/04/jeff-sessions-mitch-mcconnell.html...

Oh, did I fail to mention: this was when Clinton lied about getting a
blow-job. THAT was utterly critical to the nation.

'Sessions wasn't just following the letter of the law - he was also
considering the importance of an ethical and moral compass that our
country must maintain. "Of course, none of us are perfect and we often
fail in our personal affairs, but when it comes to going to court, and
its comes to our justice system, a great nation must insist on honesty
and lawfulness...Our country must insist upon that for every citizen.”'