Subject: Re: Flynn
From: Carbon <nobrac@nospam.tampabay.rr.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 09:49:12 -0500
<ovu9hm$h00$1@dont-email.me> <ovv53b$1nce$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<ovvbhi$5ub$1@news.datemas.de> <ovvcep$jcr$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<ovvdk5$5ub$4@news.datemas.de>
<xn0kya0bt9shvfy000@news.eternal-september.org>
<h4l82d5a387aoeb7uuck57edka2dgc3vja@4ax.com>
<6537e631-d95f-c94b-46fe-002bee9d16da@nospam.tampabay.rr.com>
<p01qdv$s17$1@news.datemas.de>
<2a204692-9a84-f3ad-0f5c-88b708d850fb@nospam.tampabay.rr.com>
<ba5a0453-4aa2-4968-a247-cbbd41a5d4db@googlegroups.com>
<p03fts$88r$1@dont-email.me>
<7e03cc5f-f7bf-401a-ae1d-6ee5bca70d71@googlegroups.com>
On 12/05/2017 05:56 AM, -hh wrote:
> On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 7:43:42 AM UTC-5, Carbon wrote:

>>> It's also going to be damn easy for them to figure out out if Tweety's Lawyer
>>> really made that tweet.
>>
>> I'm sure that one generated a lot of belly laughs in Washington. Only Trump would
>> be dumb enough to publicly disseminate such prejudicial information, and everyone knows it.
>
> Well, the people in Washington are wise to that sort of thing ... but as we've seen with
> the Trumpet Echo Chamber boys here, the intended audience for it really was the
> "Bread & Circus" puds in the South and Flyover States who will vote for pedophiles
> and cheer when a Tax bill to screw them over.

I read a disturbing article on that the other day, the gist of which is there is a surprisingly
large bloc of voters in this country who can be conned into just about anything so long as you hit
the appropriate cultural touch points.

Racism, fundamentalism, fear and propaganda: An insider explains why rural, white Christian America
will never change

https://goo.gl/nEeKzW

> FWIW, I saw a line from David Brin yesterday that claimed that "all" of the elements
> of the tax bill were designed to reward passive investments.  I don't know yet if that's
> true, but I've not yet noticed any Tax Incentives in the bill which are structured to
> reward actually *DOING* something (like investments in infrastructure/construction).
>
> Brin's take on this was that it is going to drive stock buybacks and create another
> Stock Market bubble which will pop (of course, they'll get out in time) and is the
> same thing that they had tried with the 'Privatize Social Security' gambit.

The suckers just let themselves get conned into supporting tinkle-down economics again (again!), and
I would not be surprised if it enables another Wall Street smash and grab.