Subject: Re: Trump has now spent more than a 3rd of his presidency at hisproperties and a 4th at his golf clubs
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 05:52:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Trump has now spent more than a 3rd of his presidency at his
properties and a 4th at his golf clubs
From: -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/conservapedia-conservative-bi...

> > > And this:
> > >
> > > I believe that a good translation involves scholars, and more to the point
> > > scholars from various traditions and points of view precisely so bias in
> > > translation can be avoided. I believe the voice of God is what comes and
> > > critiques all of our biases, whatever they may be. And when you begin to
> > > whittle off the hard and challenging bits in the Bible that accost some of
> > > your fundamental assumptions in life, even some of your conservative
> > > economic assumptions, you are in fact censoring and muting the Bible so
> > > that you do not have to change your culture-bound preconceptions and ways,
> > > so you can just say ‘God bless my standard and way of living’. And this
> > > friends is not necessarily the voice of God at all. It is the voice of
> > > ingrained cultural bias, in this case conservative American cultural bias.
> > >
> > > http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/bibleandculture/2010/01/the-con...
> > >
> > > This site is kooky even by the low standards of the far right. Next.
> >
> > I did a quick google search and came up with that.  Naturally you dislike
> > the source but regardless...the achievements remain.
>
> Because its too hard to check sources, or designate one that uses verified sources:
>
> <http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wiki+donald+trump+achievements>
>
> > Trump and his team have been busy...to say the least.
>

> Indeed:
>
> Week 36, Sunday, October 1:
>
> "The deadline passes unfulfilled for President Trump to identify for punishment
> Kremlin-linked targets of sanctions signed on August 2.[1][2]"
>
> Translation:  on a bill he signed, did nothing.
>

> Week 36, Wednesday October 4:
>
> "It is reported that UN Ambassador Nikki Haley has been formally reprimanded
> for violating the Hatch Act.[12]"
>
> Translation:  acknowledgement of yet another Staff member who violated of the Law
>

> Week 36, Friday October 6:
>
> "President Trump marks the celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month at the White
> House, and speaks of recovery efforts in Puerto Rico and of the people suffering
> under the governments of Cuba and Venezuela.[17]"
>
> Hey, speaking of Puerto Rico (yes, it is still part of the USA, & these are US Citizens)
> just how's that FEMA-lead recovery effort going?
>
> Reminder:  the goal was for 95% restoration of power by the end of 2017.
>
> Hint:

<http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/366817-nearly-half-of-...

And some more inaction:

"After Equifax breach, anger but no action in Congress

The aftermath of the data breach played out like a familiar script: White-hot bipartisan outrage,
then hearings and proposals that went nowhere."

<https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/01/equifax-data-breach-congre...

We'll see on this one, particularly with Mick Mulvaney's appointment
to head the Consumer Protection Agency:

<https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/money/business/2017/12/08/tr...

More 'accomplishments' to check up on here:

<http://fortune.com/2017/12/31/biggest-corporate-scandals-misconduct...

-hh