Subject: Re: Silly CNN
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 07:57:05 -0800 (PST)
From: -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>

> >> Are you f**king kidding?
> >>
> >> No I’m not. I think a lot of times money is counted in a deceitful way.  For example. Payroll
for security.  Was extra security hired or were these people already being paid by the federal
government?

> > Trump broke the Secret Service's budget for fy17, which required them
> > to go to Congress and ask for more money. He required the SS to pay
> > rent on its quarters in Trump Tower, which they required in order to
> > protect him. He jacked up the rent last year, so they moved to
> > a building next door. He has spent more time on vacation, all of it
> > at his own properties, than any previous president. He personally
> > profits from being president.
>
> Is it cheaper to stay at ones own properties. or is it cheaper to rent
> a multi-million dollar mansion on Marthas Vinyard?

Oh, so is Trump actually NOT charging the government for the use
of his properties?  How about a citation that shows that?

You know, something like this:

"The Government is Paying $2.4 Million to Rent Space in New
York City's Trump Tower"
<http://www.newsweek.com/government-paying-trump-tower-presidential-...

"G.S.A. negotiated a separate, successful lease...[it] is
privately owned, so Mr. Trump’s company will not directly
benefit from the government lease. It costs $130,000 a month."

<https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/03/us/politics/secret-service-trump-...

(Hint:  12 months @ $130K/mo = $1.56M/year (35% cheaper).

And insofar as security costs vs. Martha's Vineyard, the
latter is less populated and an island with very limited
access, which reduces/eliminates a lot of potential security
threat vectors.  That means that with all other factors
equal, Martha's Vineyard would be cheaper than any of the
Trump properties he's used to date to provide security for.

-hh