Subject: Re: Silly CNN
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 10:36:45 -0800 (PST)
From: -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>
On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 1:24:13 PM UTC-5, B...@onramp.net wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 09:02:40 -0600, MNMikeW<mnmiikkew@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >John B. wrote:

Payroll for security.  Was extra security hired or were these people already being paid by the
federal government?

> >> Trump broke the Secret Service's budget for fy17, which required them
> >> to go to Congress and ask for more money. He required the SS to pay
> >> rent on its quarters in Trump Tower, which they required in order to
> >> protect him. He jacked up the rent last year, so they moved to
> >> a building next door. He has spent more time on vacation, all of it
> >> at his own properties, than any previous president. He personally
> >> profits from being president.
> >
> >Is it cheaper to stay at ones own properties. or is it cheaper to rent a
> >multi-million dollar mansion on Marthas Vinyard?
>
> Depending on how many trips are taken.  Any trips to Martha's Vinyard
> damned sure couldn't cost as much as was spent in 2017 on Trump's
> trips.

True, there's other variables.  I looked at Mike's question with
an assumed level of parity on the demand side - - ie, the total
number of trips and/or days, quantity of core WH staff to be
protected, etc - - that a security detail would need to control.

From that perspective, a small & easily isolated island is a
lot easier & cheaper from a security standpoint.

-hh