Subject: Re: Silly CNN
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 10:54:21 -0800 (PST)
From: -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>

Payroll for security.  Was extra security hired or were these people already being paid by the
federal government?

> > > Trump broke the Secret Service's budget for fy17, which required them
> > > to go to Congress and ask for more money. He required the SS to pay
> > > rent on its quarters in Trump Tower, which they required in order to
> > > protect him. He jacked up the rent last year, so they moved to
> > > a building next door. He has spent more time on vacation, all of it
> > > at his own properties, than any previous president. He personally
> > > profits from being president.
> >
> > Is it cheaper to stay at ones own properties. or is it cheaper to rent a
> > multi-million dollar mansion on Marthas Vinyard?
>
> Whatever it is...it's much ado about nothing.  Circle-jerkers and
> haters have to find something...

Agree that there are those who will find reasons to hate no matter what,
for here's an example specific to Martha's Vineyard:

<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.sport.golf/IhqX2bvMpb4/pRzc1ouxA...

> Too much is going right with the US.

Still waiting to hear precisely what this allegedly is supposed to be,
for we've already seen that the 2017 Tax "reform" bill wasn't that,
but was a straightaway kickback to Trumpet big donors, with an
estimated $150B/year increase in deficits ... while gosh golly,
guess who is now trying to figure out how to fund that?

By cutting current infrastructure projects?

<http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a14524265/trump-blocks-railway...
<http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20171229/POLITICS/171229921/tr...

Restructure to make it a kickback for private investors?  How's
a planned 15% ROI sound?

<https://usa.streetsblog.org/2018/01/02/taxpayers-lose-and-banks-win-...

<https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/trump-backs-off-vow-that-pr...
<http://reason.com/blog/2017/12/12/private-investment-back-in-trump&...