Next <
From: DumbedDownUSA <ddtrumpets@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: OT: And the wing nut argument... ...falls apart.
From: "DumbedDownUSA" <ddtrumpets@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 05:32:59 -0000 (UTC)

<https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/05/fbi-footnote-carter-page-w...

> > 'Democrats pounced on public comments over the past day by House
> > Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) and
> > intelligence committee member Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), arguing that the
> > GOP memo's failure to mention a key footnote in the FBI application
> > shows how the party has cherry-picked classified facts to protect
> > President Donald Trump.'
> >
> > 'The memo released Friday by the Republican-led House Intelligence
> > Committee excoriated FBI leaders for what it described as a crucial
> > omission in that application: The fact that the dossier, compiled
> > by former British spy Christopher Steele ? was financed by the
> > campaign of Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee.
> >
> > ?Neither the initial application in October 2016, nor any of the
> > renewals, disclose or reference the role of the DNC, Clinton
> > campaign, or any party/campaign in funding Steele's efforts, even
> > though the political origins of the Steele dossier were then known
> > to senior and FBI officials,? the memo alleged.
> >
> > But in an appearance on "Fox & Friends," Nunes was asked about
> > reports over the weekend that the FBI application did refer to a
> > political entity connected to the dossier. It is unclear precisely
> > what language the application might have used.
> >
> > Nunes conceded that a "footnote" to that effect was included in the
> > application, while faulting the bureau for failing to provide more
> > specifics.'
> >
> > What's really weird is that all you wing nuts hang on every word
> > that they broadcast on Fox News...
> >
> > ...but somehow missed this.
> >
> > :-)
> >

> The footnote only indicated the dossier was compiled at the
>  direction of a law firm "who had hired an identified U.S. person"
>  now known as Glenn Simpson.
>
> No mention of Hillary or DNC.
>
> You somehow missed this.

IT wouldn't mention Hillary for good reason, doofus. As long as it
indicated some possible politcal bias the memo is ashes... to anyone
who isn't simply trying to use it as political propaganda... but that
would be attempting to politicise the work of the FBI... and your
against that, right?

--
Trump: If there is a shutdown I think it would be a tremendously
negative mark on the president of the United States. He