From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Subject: OT: Another one bites the dust...
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 15:06:30 -0800
'Top White House economic adviser Gary Cohn, a Wall Street banker who
became a key architect of the 2017 tax overhaul and a bulwark against
protectionist forces within the Trump administration, is resigning, the
White House said on Tuesday.'

<https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-cohn/white-house-econom...

'“It has been an honor to serve my country and enact pro-growth economic
policies to benefit the American people, in particular the passage of
historic tax reform. I am grateful to the President for giving me this
opportunity and wish him and the Administration great success in the
future,” Cohn said in a statement issued by the White House.

Cohn’s resignation came after U.S. President Donald Trump said he would
impose hefty tariffs on steel and aluminum imports in a move that would
hit close allies Canada and Mexico. Trump’s pledge to impose tariffs had
prompted speculation Cohn might leave the White House because of his
opposition to the policy.

Cohn, a former president and chief operating officer of investment bank
Goldman Sachs, was one of a number of Wall Street veterans tapped by
Trump for senior jobs after the 2016 presidential election.'