From: J. Hugh Sullivan <Eagle@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Could Bama get stripped of one of its titles?
From: Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 20:51:32 GMT
On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 11:55:50 -0800 (PST), The NOTBCS Guy<don.p.del.grande@gmail.com> wrote:

>Futbol Phan wrote:
>
>> Let's see how this develops.  Can't imagine how such a pure program as th=
>is could have gotten involved in such shenanigans.  Shocked I say, shocked.=
>=2E.
>>
>> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2742844-terrence-cody-allegedly-...
>players-on-2009-alabama-team-paid-for-autographs?utm_source=3Dnewsletter&ut=
>m_medium=3Dnewsletter&utm_campaign=3Dcollege-football
>
>The Khadrice Rollins story claims that at least one player took money for a=
>utographs in December, which could be a problem.  Supposedly, there is a fo=
>ur-year statute of limitations, but apparently it can be waived.
>
>Then again, the only real "harm" the NCAA can do is vacate Alabama's BCS ch=
>ampionship game win - and that does not mean the AFCA has to take back its =
>national championship.  AP almost certainly won't, considering that (a) it =
>let USC keep both AP titles from the Reggie Bush era, and (b) traditionally=
>, its voters have been allowed to vote for teams with bowl bans (something =
>the coaches' poll does not allow).

The only team with more on the field victories than Bama is Michigan.
At least 4 teams have more on paper victories.

But the game is played on the field. If on paper just give Bama the
trophy now based on the AP and Coaches polls nd don't bother with the
playoffs.

I don't believe in breaking NCAA rules but signing one's name for
money has nothing to do with whether a team kicked some arse.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com