From: The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior <iamtj4life@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: 13-0 will NOT be enough... The Committee has spoken...
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 09:34:56 -0800 (PST)
From: "The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj4life@gmail.com>
On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 9:02:52 PM UTC-6, Marty McMahone wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 8:27:35 PM UTC-6, darkst...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Georgia
> > Alabama
> > Notre Dame *
> > Clemson *
> > Oklahoma *
> > TCU *
> > Miami
> > Wisconsin
> > Washington *
> > Auburn **
> >
> > That's your top ten right now, asterisks involve number of losses.
> >
> > The Georgia-Alabama loser was the big winner of the week.  12-0 to the SEC title game will be
enough to get BOTH teams into the CFP.

> > Notre Dame-Miami winner probably is in the Top 4 and gets in if they run out.
> >
> > Oklahoma-TCU winner, probably the same.
> >
> > But, again, the damning indictment, with no better opponent for Wisconsin to face, is four
one-loss teams already ahead of them.

> > Mike
>
> Have you not paid any attention the last three years? There is no such thing as "already ahead of
them"  Teams go up and down based on quality of wins. ND would have good reason to be nervous about
an undefeated run by Wisky. Clemson might even more -- especially if Miami loses to ND.

> Miami will get in if they win out. Wisky almost certainly will. The one loss teams will get
demoted. This committee is not the AP poll.

Furthermore, there are two games just this weekend involving teams right in front of them - the
loser will slide behind - and likely two more games past that.

FAR more concerned about Iowa - that's a red hot team w/ a very good young qb coming into Camp
Randall - the road team does very well and UW is all banged up again