From: xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: So the Blue Team had a good night
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 11:38:09 -0800 (PST)
From: xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>
On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 12:44:05 PM UTC-5, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
> last night, mainly in VA but elsewhere too.
>
> Big takeaways - A) Northram outpolled by a *lot*  B)  Just as Trump was a "pushback" type of vote,
the anti-Trump vote is going to fire up the blue base a lot.  C)  Mainstream cons have zero reason
to come out right now given the lack of production from the president or Congress  D) Labeling your
opponent as a kid killer hunting them with trucks apparently works  E) we'll all read too much and
too little into the results and forget all the times Congress has flipped to the president's first
term flops.  F)  Speaker Pelosi

> G)  Weird political tidbit - Trump is the 5th straight president to have both the VA and NJ
gubernatorial election go against his party in his first term

On NPR, they had Arizona Dem Congressman Raúl Grijalva on to discuss the election and what it means
for the national party, 2018, etc.  I hope they just got him because he's available and not because
he's a leader of the party because he was terrible.  Couldn't even get his talking points straight,
bragged that the election was a backlash against Trump, and then said  that Dems can't just run
against Trump and they need to  stay progressive to win, bragged that Northam outperformed his poll
numbers as proof of his thesis, then when the interviewer reminded him that Northam is a moderate
establishment Dem he said yeah, it's a backlash against Trump, but we can't just run against Trump...

My typing it actually makes it sound better than it really was.  He was really terrible on his feet
and responding to questions and contradicting himself, etc.