Next <
From: darkstar7646 <darkstar7646@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: So the Blue Team had a good night
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 12:11:24 -0800 (PST)
From: darkstar7646@gmail.com
On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 11:38:12 AM UTC-8, xyzzy wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 12:44:05 PM UTC-5, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
> > last night, mainly in VA but elsewhere too.
> >
> > Big takeaways - A) Northram outpolled by a *lot*  B)  Just as Trump was a "pushback" type of
vote, the anti-Trump vote is going to fire up the blue base a lot.  C)  Mainstream cons have zero
reason to come out right now given the lack of production from the president or Congress  D)
Labeling your opponent as a kid killer hunting them with trucks apparently works  E) we'll all read
too much and too little into the results and forget all the times Congress has flipped to the
president's first term flops.  F)  Speaker Pelosi

> > G)  Weird political tidbit - Trump is the 5th straight president to have both the VA and NJ
gubernatorial election go against his party in his first term

> On NPR, they had Arizona Dem Congressman Raúl Grijalva on to discuss the election and what it
means for the national party, 2018, etc.  I hope they just got him because he's available and not
because he's a leader of the party because he was terrible.  Couldn't even get his talking points
straight, bragged that the election was a backlash against Trump, and then said  that Dems can't
just run against Trump and they need to  stay progressive to win, bragged that Northam outperformed
his poll numbers as proof of his thesis, then when the interviewer reminded him that Northam is a
moderate establishment Dem he said yeah, it's a backlash against Trump, but we can't just run
against Trump...

> My typing it actually makes it sound better than it really was.  He was really terrible on his
feet and responding to questions and contradicting himself, etc.

I am more and more convinced that the Democratic leadership is to deliver us to the Republicans for
our beheading.

You'd be *shocked* as to how many actual Republicans identify themselves as Democrat.

Mike