From: jim brown <jimbrowndoc@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Mice hunting
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 12:12:13 -0800 (PST)
From: jim brown <jimbrowndoc@yahoo.com>
On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 9:30:53 AM UTC-5, Marty McMahone wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 9:41:29 PM UTC-6, jim brown wrote:
> > On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 6:03:10 PM UTC-5, Marty McMahone wrote:
> > > So there are some mice in the attic and I've been trying to trap them.. Have had some success.
Went up a few minutes ago. One trap has been sprung without catching anything. One apparently fell
and scared the mouse off (still baited).

> > > But the weird one -- one of the traps is simply gone. It is nowhere to be seen. What the heck
is up with that?

> > Poison, before they get in the house.  And figure out where they are getting in.  Check your
garage door seals for starters.

> > I know that's not what you were asking, but we fight mice endlessly on  a grain farm in the
middle of corn fields.  Used to hate it when they'd die in the furnace ducts in the old house and
reek for three days.

> Yeah, it's officially war now. Last night they woke me up crying right above the bed.
Unfortunately for them, they also woke up the wife. She was not happy.

> Had done some poison, but was hoping to avoid the smell of dead mice. Pretty sure I've got one
killed right above my closet--man it stinks. Do need to figure out where they are getting in.

Buy good poison, probably more likely found at a livestock feed supply place than at walmart...not
anything that looks like wax.  Buy good, large bait stations and place them around the exterior of
your house.  Resupply bait every few days till they stop eating it.  Check all winter, but less
often.