From: CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>
Subject: Re: should I consider the corvette zora?
From: CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 04:53:28 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 19:46:46 -0800, Irish Ranger wrote:

> On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 9:00:08 AM UTC-5, michael anderson
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 7:14:19 AM UTC-6, The Cheesehusker,
>> Trade Warrior wrote:

>> > Just get a Caiman - exotic enough for your purposes and reasonably
>> > priced
>>
>> well thats what I have now, but it's not nearly exotic enough and it
>> also just doesn't have enough ooomph under the hood.  I want something
>> with at least 500+ hp, preferrably 550+.  My cayman has 350(granted in
>> a very small/light car, but still)....
>
> When I hear some one talking about wanting a car with these big souped
> up engines, I always have the same question.  Where do you drive them?
> Do you own a race track?  Do you own a 10,000 acre ranch some where?  Or
> are you one of those guys who go racing around trying to do twice the
> legal speed limit?  Risking criminal charges and causing a serious or
> fatal accident?
>
> In my area the highest speed limit is 65 mph.  Why would I want a car
> that can go 140 mph?

Safety is a factor in engine displacement.  When you need to quickly
remove yourself away from another speeding vehicle, the big engine is
well worth the extra cash.

Only those that love themselves need buy these marvels of engineering.
If you just don't give a damn about yourself, buy a cheap vehicle with an
engine that belongs in a go-kart.