From: Irish Ranger <irishranger317@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: should I consider the corvette zora?
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 21:17:32 -0800 (PST)
From: Irish Ranger <irishranger317@gmail.com>
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 11:53:31 PM UTC-5, CtrlAltDel wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 19:46:46 -0800, Irish Ranger wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 9:00:08 AM UTC-5, michael anderson
> > wrote:

> >> well thats what I have now, but it's not nearly exotic enough and it
> >> also just doesn't have enough ooomph under the hood.  I want something
> >> with at least 500+ hp, preferrably 550+.  My cayman has 350(granted in
> >> a very small/light car, but still)....
> >
> > When I hear some one talking about wanting a car with these big souped
> > up engines, I always have the same question.  Where do you drive them?
> > Do you own a race track?  Do you own a 10,000 acre ranch some where?  Or
> > are you one of those guys who go racing around trying to do twice the
> > legal speed limit?  Risking criminal charges and causing a serious or
> > fatal accident?
> >
> > In my area the highest speed limit is 65 mph.  Why would I want a car
> > that can go 140 mph?
>
> Safety is a factor in engine displacement.  When you need to quickly
> remove yourself away from another speeding vehicle, the big engine is
> well worth the extra cash.

My car has a V6, which provides more than enough acceleration for normal, safe driving.  In my
experience it's the guy with the big engine that is more likely to be showing off and cause, or be
involved,
in an accident.

> Only those that love themselves need buy these marvels of engineering.
> If you just don't give a damn about yourself, buy a cheap vehicle with an
> engine that belongs in a go-kart.

LOL!  So only those who "love themselves" buy cars with big engines.  Some would
say that only those with low self esteem and a sense of inferiority, try to compensate
by driving a big ostentatious car.

BTW, people are much more impressed by the home, and neighborhood, you live in
than the car you drive.  A lot of those driving flashy cars live poor areas.   They can't afford
a nice home, they don't have much money but they can scrape up enough to make a payment on
a flashy car.  At least until it gets repossessed.

Irish Mike