From: Con Reeder, unhyphenated American <constance@duxmail.com>
Subject: Re: Veteran's Day
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
From: "Con Reeder, unhyphenated American" <constance@duxmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 00:46:39 -0600
On 2017-11-09, Eric Ramon<ramon.eric@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 8:17:40 AM UTC-8, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> I'm working on veteran day, but my kids are out of school. We talk about the significance of
fighting and dying  for freedom from tyranny. They get it, but being elementary school children,
they have to be constantly reminded of the desire for tyranny by others, even those with good
intentions.

> I prefer Armistice Day, when people stop fighting. That's the goal, I believe.

You mean like the original Armistice, where you stop fighting and make
terrible peaces that breed a much bigger war that kills 4 times as many
people and takes the human race to depths never before plumbed?

--
The problem with Internet quotations is that many of them
are not genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln