From: JGibson <james.m.gibson@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: should I consider the corvette zora?
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 06:13:42 -0800 (PST)
From: JGibson <james.m.gibson@gmail.com>
On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 12:55:47 AM UTC-5, michael anderson wrote:
> On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 11:52:59 PM UTC-6, dnrapp wrote:

a little less) than the audi r8 as the only practical mid engine supercars you can drive frequently.

avoid the 'corvette stigma' that previously scares me off a corvette as a car choice.

enough ooomph under the hood.  I want something with at least 500+ hp, preferrably 550+.  My cayman
has 350(granted in a very small/light car, but still)....

> > > When I hear some one talking about wanting a car with these big souped up engines, I always
have the
> > > same question.  Where do you drive them?  Do you own a race track?  Do you own a 10,000 acre
ranch
> > > some where?  Or are you one of those guys who go racing around trying to do twice the legal
> > > speed limit?  Risking criminal charges and causing a serious or fatal accident?
> > >
> > > In my area the highest speed limit is 65 mph.  Why would I want a car that can go 140 mph?
> > >
> > > Irish Mike
> > >
> > > "There goes another hillbilly driving the fastest car in the world"!
> >
> > This reminds me of the news story of the middle aged man crashing his newly bought $200K 550 HP
sports car just blocks from the dealership.

> > Can't you just see the headline in the Birmingham Daily Newspaper.
> >
> > "Mid 40 year old Birmingham male in the medical profession crashes his newly bought Chevrolet
Corvette Zora on his way home from the Chevrolet Dealership. " I was just looking at this young
woman walking down the street and I must have hit the gas a little too much as I was going around
the corner." said the driver identified as Michael Anderson. "We are seeing this more often" said
the local Birmingham police officer,"People buying cars that they should not because they don't know
how to drive a car with that much horse power."

> hey now Im not that old yet....

Nope.  Approaching 40 though, I think.  It's probably why you're having a mid-life crisis.  I
remember panicking when I was 39 and about to turn 40.  I'm much more comfortable now in my mid 40s.