From: michael anderson <mianderson79@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: should I consider the corvette zora?
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 06:51:16 -0800 (PST)
From: michael anderson <mianderson79@gmail.com>
On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 8:13:46 AM UTC-6, JGibson wrote:
> On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 12:55:47 AM UTC-5, michael anderson wrote:

ballpark(maybe a little less) than the audi r8 as the only practical mid engine supercars you can
drive frequently.

avoid the 'corvette stigma' that previously scares me off a corvette as a car choice.

have enough ooomph under the hood.  I want something with at least 500+ hp, preferrably 550+.  My
cayman has 350(granted in a very small/light car, but still)....

> > > This reminds me of the news story of the middle aged man crashing his newly bought $200K 550
HP sports car just blocks from the dealership.

> > > Can't you just see the headline in the Birmingham Daily Newspaper.
> > >
> > > "Mid 40 year old Birmingham male in the medical profession crashes his newly bought Chevrolet
Corvette Zora on his way home from the Chevrolet Dealership. " I was just looking at this young
woman walking down the street and I must have hit the gas a little too much as I was going around
the corner." said the driver identified as Michael Anderson. "We are seeing this more often" said
the local Birmingham police officer,"People buying cars that they should not because they don't know
how to drive a car with that much horse power."

> > hey now Im not that old yet....
>
> Nope.  Approaching 40 though, I think.  It's probably why you're having a mid-life crisis.  I
remember panicking when I was 39 and about to turn 40.  I'm much more comfortable now in my mid 40s.

I don't know if it's a mid-life crisis....more a realization of "why not?".....I don't have any
kids, nothing besides retirement to save for, etc.