From: GrtArtiste <nineorbs@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Old People
Full headers:
From: GrtArtiste <nineorbs@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 15:37:46 -0500
On 11/10/2017 3:02 PM, the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com wrote:
> Went to the twins' 2nd grade chorus concert last night and couldn't help but get tickled at the
grandma in front of me.

> We were probably 50' from the kids and, of course, everyone was trying to get a good picture in
this impossible situation. She must've taken 100 or more pictures of her grandchild.

> No, that's not the funny part.
>
> She. was probably pushing 70, if not older, so she had a bit of tremor in her hands. So, every
time she lifted her phone  to shoot over the person in front of her, her weak arms would begin to
tremble and she would start stabbing at the button on screen which made her shake the camera even
more.
> She went back and forth holding it with both arms at head height and attempting to rest in her
husbands shoulder - who, of course, turned to see what she wanted every time she did so.

> Which shook the camera even more.
>
> After about 10 minutes of this, my oldest and I are no longer perturbed by her inconsiderate
blocking of not only our view, but the view of others behind us. We are now laughing. Considerably.

> Of course this draws the attention of my wife and middle child, who begin to get tickled; which
now spreads to the row(s?) behind us.

> I did manage to get a few snaps of the twins, presumably when her arms fell numb from holding them
up for so long. And got some video of my son's speaking part - which was the line of the show
(natch!).

> All in all, very entertaining.

Ask not for whom the bell tolls....and so on.

GrtArtiste