> Prev
From: Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>
Subject: Former U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown sentenced to five years in prison
Full headers:
From: Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 15:38:28 -0800
Former U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown sentenced to five years in prison

Will have to serve at least 90%.
Incarceration date not set but likely in January 2018.

| Federal rules say Brown should begin serving her time while the
| appeal is pending unless the judge finds the defense is raising
| substantial issues that are likely to result in a new trial or a
| sentence shorter than the time he’ll need to decide the appeal.

I consider the latter possibility slight based ont Brown's
conduct on the stand in her own defense and her public statements
and the trial judges comments.

<http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2017-11-30/former-us-rep-corrine...

<http://tinyurl.com/ycwcguv2>

--