From: darkstar7646 <darkstar7646@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fixing the bowl game sites
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 16:51:45 -0800 (PST)
From: darkstar7646@gmail.com
On Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 2:54:40 PM UTC-8, JGibson wrote:
> OK.  Not changing any matchups, just the locations of the games to suit my need from a historical
perspective.

> Clemson vs. Alabama - Alabama was not the SEC champion, so this should not be the Sugar Bowl.
This is the Orange Bowl, now going to the ACC champ.

Irrelevant.  The New Year's Six rotate that two of the bowls are the national semifinals once every
three years - this year, it's the Sugar and Rose.  Clemson being #1, the Sugar was closer.

> Georgia vs. Oklahoma - I'll concede to the newer alignments.  And now we have Big 12 champ vs. SEC
champ in the Sugar Bowl, so this is the Sugar Bowl.

Clemson was #1, and hence got the closer bowl.  Again, it's irrelevant because of the semifinals --
hence, they go west.

> USC vs. Ohio State - Move this game from the Cotton Bowl to the Rose Bowl.  There, now I feel
better.

That would be the Rose under most circumstances -- but, with the Rose being a semifinal, it can't.

> Wisconsin vs. Miami - I moved Clemson to the Orange Bowl, so I've got to move this matchup.  Slide
this one into the Citrus Bowl.  I considered the now open Cotton but I didn't like the geography
there.

I have some question as to the quality of the teams as to whether one of them should be New Year's
Six at all.

Mike