From: J. Hugh Sullivan <Eagle@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Happy End of Prohibition Day
From: Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 20:18:40 GMT
On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 07:00:57 -0800 (PST), "the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com"<agavinsmith@gmail.com> wrote:

>You know Hugh, some things are more important than football.
>
>You've been gracious to me here until I made a comment about the CFP decision.
>
>Not about SPUAT, not about you, but the CFP decision.
>
>You've taken that so personally that you've made some rude personal comments about me, and my wife,
twice. In this case, in a thread not even about football.

>I might be reading this all wrong, but from this side, that seems an interesting set of priorities.

My intent with you all along has been to be funny when it involved
personalities. I apologize for not being clear as to my intent. Reread
my responses to you with that in mind, please.

I was surprised that you would say anything negative about the
decision of the committee. Somebody wins and someone loses. It's like
the score of years I called football games - usually the best I could
do was please about half the crowd even though many considered me to
be the best official in the area.

Because I am biased I would not have liked it if TOSU was picked over
Bama. The Bama team, since the 4 starting lineackers (and several
others) were hurt, has not been the same Bama team that started the
season. Based on the team that played the last several games even I
would not have picked Bama - any of the other three plus TOSU would
beat Bama under those conditions. Based on Bama's potential if all
except a couple of starters are healthy Bama was the only pick.

Injuries are like saying lotsa people could have beaten John L.
Sullivan with one hand tied behind his back - but not when he used
both hands.

 Knowing me I probably would not have based my vote on a "if".

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com