From: Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Sucks to be a "kneeler"...
Full headers:
From: Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 14:25:09 -0800
In article<9b582545-153b-497d-ad53-023c0e9720a2@googlegroups.com>,
 The NOTBCS Guy<don.p.del.grande@gmail.com> wrote:

> They didn't get any love from Time/Warner.
>
> First, SI's Sportsman of the Year goes to Jose Altuve of the Astros and J.J. Watt of the Texans
(the latter more for what he did for Houston hurricane relief than on the field), and now, Time's
Person of the Year is the #MeToo "silence breakers."

> Am I the only one that finds it just a little hard to believe that, of all the accusations I have
heard, not one of the accused is a woman?  Could this just be a consequence of the glass ceiling
(the fraction of men accused is so small, that the equivalent fraction of women would be less than
one person)?  I have heard accusations **by** men, but all of them were accusing other men.

Presumably, the sportswriters are competent to judge sportsmanship
on the field of play. The awards were not given for that. Too bad.

Time is a political magazine and they should give it for political reasons.
When they will award it to Arafat, they will do anything.
It is more about pleasing the right people than Time's considered opinion.

--
Michael Press