From: The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior <iamtj4life@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: I like the 4 team CFP
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 12:12:44 -0800 (PST)
From: "The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj4life@gmail.com>
On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 12:35:53 PM UTC-6, JGibson wrote:
> Maybe I'm in the minority, but the way I see it, it allows enough teams in to get all the teams
that actually have arguments for #1 while also being small enough to keep the regular season really
exciting.

#1 as we headed to the CFP.  But it's a flawed team with 1 single loss - the same # the other three
teams had.

> It also still allows the bowl system to exist and for those of us in cold climates to make trips
to California, Arizona, Florida, or Texas if we want to and center those trips around football.

4 is the optimal number for me if we're going to insist on a playoof.  Personally, I'm still a fan
of the OJUS, but since we've got it, I'd like to stay where we are.  Every time we add a round of
teams, we just open the window for whining about non-inclusion all the wider - there are at least 7
or 8 teams with a reasonable case for slots 5-8 - if we did something stupid like go to 16, there'd
prolly be 20 or saying "what about us??????" for the last couple of slots.